Monday, March 7, 2011

T Minus 9 days!!!?


This morning it finally hit us just how close we are to D-day...departure day that is. In the past year, as many of you know, Ryan and I have been going through the ups and downs of applying to dental and medical school (respectively). Applying is not fun, but it's just a small taste of what the 4 years of school we've signed up for will be like. It made us think, "What should we do with the last bit of time before school starts?" We, along with many of you, agreed that traveling would be the best use of our time. I won't be hearing if I've gotten into medical school until the day we leave: March 19th. Meanwhile, Ryan and I are both busy making our final travel plans: booking our connecting flights, deciding on hostels, finding the best deal on a rental car in New Zealand, and tying up loose ends at home. Planning a two-month trip to Fiji, New Zealand, Australia, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, and Vietnam is not easy. Thank you to all of our friends and family who have given us travel advice, donated airline miles or hotel points for the cause, and tolerated our constant chatter about this trip we're so excited to take. We are so lucky to have you in our lives, and we hope you'll keep in touch with us while we're away!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

There better be an update soon!

I expect extensive details.

Unknown said...

Ryan, I was hoping to get my first update today. You must still be on an airplane somewhere far, far away. Kelly gave me the blog information so I can follow along. OH, Senush, I'm Ryan's second mom and I can't believe I haven't met you yet. Have a great time you 2 and MAKE GOOD CHOICES!:) I had to say that, cause I'm a mom.......julie porter

Unknown said...

Okay guys. Glad to hear you have safely arrived in Fiji. Now I am anxious to see the photos.

Unknown said...

I am glad Ryan got to experience the Sri Lankan New Year. I enjoyed reading Ryan's perspective of our family and friends. It is so cute to see Keanu playing video games with Ryan. He must be so happy to play with a big brother.

Post a Comment